Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Neo Geo DB15 Controller Plug



Been thinking about making my own Joystick for my AES, and also would like to make a guide for the PC-2-Neo cable for the excellent Universe BIOS.

The only thing that's put me off is trying to find an cheap way of getting the correct DB15 connector that is long enough to fit the sockets on the AES console. I know it's possible to by extension leads (from tototek) but they may not be around for ever.

So this evening I set about modifying a standard DB15 female plug, pulling it apart, turning bits around to make it stick out further, then mounting it in a DB9 snap case. After a bit of trial and error I think I've managed it and it doesn't look too bad!

Proper guide to follow :)

If there's a guide for this anywhere else, please let me know - I don't want to re-invent the wheel.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

FYI, some places sell gameport expansion cables (here in germany, an electronics store used to sell them for less than one euro) which have the "extended" connector. They work just fine without any mods (other than cutting the other end off of course).

October 17, 2008 at 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home