Thursday, September 8, 2011

Region Free BIOS Chips - DC and Saturn

I need to update my guide for the DC Region Free BIOS, and produce some extra info about the Saturn Region Free BIOS. It'll happen when I pickup some more consoles to mod, but for now I'll tell you where I got my last lot of chips for a great price, and he offers a flashing service so you can just do a direct replacement, no piggy backing of chips, remove the old one and solder in the new one :-)

Anyway, it's Bad_Ad84 on ASSEMbler, check out the group buying threads - Saturn and DC, I've ordered twice from him and received great service.

Cheers
Pete

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So if simply replace the actual Saturn chip ?

Do you plan to write an article on how to perform the replacement ?

September 10, 2011 at 3:11 PM  
Blogger mmmonkey said...

It's nearly a simple case of replace the chip, I will produce a guide as soon as I get another Saturn. I hope to put some extra info up this weekend.

September 10, 2011 at 5:27 PM  
Blogger mmmonkey said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

September 11, 2011 at 6:17 PM  
Blogger mmmonkey said...

ZikZak - started on a guide which you might find useful - http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/console/sega/saturn-regionfree.htm

September 11, 2011 at 7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home